Useful holiday and travel links

Visa Central

This site provides help with applying for visas.  I recommend that you have sufficient blank pages to accommodate some of the larger entry stamps and visas.

For US Visas
From 20th January 2010 it will be mandatory for all passengers travelling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) 72 hours prior to departure.  This online form will replace the green visa waiver form (I94W) which used to be completed whilst en-route to the US.

Fit For Travel

A website provided by the NHS which gives travel health information for people travelling abroad.  You can find advice regarding vaccinations and disease prevention here.  Your GP will be able to give you specific advice based on your personal circumstances.

European Health Insurance Card

UK residents are entitled to reduced cost or free medical treatment in EU states.  Some insurance policies require you to have an EHIC before you travel, so apply here if travelling in Europe.

The Foreign Office

The latest FCO travel advice, and useful information regarding consular services abroad, can all be found on this site.

Foreign currency exchange

This website gives you exchange rates and currency conversions.

World weather

This website will let you know what the weather’s like where you’re going.

Wallpaper City Guides and Luxe City Guides

My favourite pocket travel guides housing a tightly edited, discreetly packaged list of the best a location has to offer the busy and sophisticated traveller.  They contain opinionated information and an insider’s checklist of all you need to know about the world’s most intoxicating cities.